We offer free Wi-Fi and desktop computers for public use at all locations
Connecting to the Library’s Wireless Network
You will need the following:
- A valid GDL card bar code number and PIN #
- A computer with a WiFi compliant wireless network card
- A charged battery in the computer. (We cannot assure you that there will be outlets available.)
- Headphones compatible with your computer if you plan to use audio files. (Headphones also may be checked out in the library.)
If connecting for the first time, check to make sure your wireless
network card and software are correctly installed. If not already
configured, setup your computer for DHCP.
Open your web browser. You will then be asked to log in with your library card bar code number and PIN. Once you click on Logon, the GDL home page will come up and you are ready to use our wireless system. If you do not have a library card or PIN, please see a member of the staff.
Limitations and Disclaimers Regarding Wireless Access
- The Library’s wireless network is not secure. Information sent from
or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device
and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no
guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or
for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from
connection to the Library’s network.