Write a letter to Miss Marissa!
Each week Children’s Librarian Marissa will share and respond to a Library Letter during our weekly story time: Marissa’s Marvelous Story Time: All Ages, Monday’s at 10 AM. The goal is to give kids a platform to share what they love, how they feel, what they’re learning, ask questions, and use their imagination all while growing their literacy skills!
Library Letter Ideas:
These are just some ideas to get you started. You can choose to write or draw anything you’d like!
- Have you visited any new places lately?
- Have you tried something new?
- Share something you’re proud of
- Share something about what you’re learning: shapes, colors, letters words, fun facts
- Draw a picture – scribbles count!
- Share your talent
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- How do you feel?
- Ask a question
- Share a joke
- Write or share a poem – or even just words that rhyme
- Write a song or share your favorite song
- Write about what you see around you
- Share a game you like to play
How it Works:
- Children of all ages can participate
- You can send letters to Miss Marissa via mail (USPS) or email, please include a return address if you send a letter through the mail
- If you choose to draw a picture, please include a title or describe what the picture is
- Encourage your child to write the letter. If it is hard to read, please include what the letter says so I can share it with all our library friends.
- You can write as many letters as you’d like
- Please include only information you’d like shared virtually through Facebook, YouTube, and thegdl.org/virtual.
- I will not share your address, only the content you share in the letter.
Attn: Marissa Boisclair
Genesee District Library
4195 W Pasadena Ave.
Flint, MI 48504
Complete the form below. The letter can be attached as a file (scan the letter and attach it or take a picture of the letter and attach it)