The Genesee District Library is a valuable resource of this community. We know that libraries transform lives and deeply impact their communities. Here are a few ways to support the library you love:
Amazon Smile and Kroger Community Rewards®
You can support the GDL just by shopping at Amazon or Kroger.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Sign in
- Go to "pick your own charitable organization"
- Type in Genesee District Library Foundation
- Click "Search"
- When Genesee District Library Foundation shows up, click "Select"
- Click "Start Shopping"
- Search Kroger Community Rewards and go to the website
- Click "Create an Account"
- Enter your information as requested
- A confirmation will be sent to your email
- Use your email and password to access your new Kroger Rewards account
- Enter the GDL's non-profit number 82539 or select Genesee District Library
- Click "Enroll"
- Must re-enroll annually for the GDL to benefit
You can also support the GDL by purchasing a canvas bag for $3 or a thumb drive for $5 at your favorite branch.
Friends of the Library
These volunteers are committed to promoting usage and support of our libraries. They also help raise funds for their individual branches through book sales and other activities.
Volunteers advocate and fundraise for the GDL system. Funds are generated through donations, Kroger Community Rewards and Amazon Smile. Their support complements Friends Groups' efforts. To learn more about the GDL Foundation, contact Mary Higginbottom at (810) 230-3330.
A donation can be made in the name of a friend or loved one. Contract your branch for more information.
Contributions received go into our General Gift Fund, but donors can request that funds be used for a specific purpose. Cash or check donations can be made at any branch of the GDL. Credit card donations can be made online.
Information on how to make donations for building upkeep and/or capital improvements. Learn More About How to Donate.
Getting Started is Easy